[Nhcoll-l] Use of denatured ethanol for short term storage of molecular samples

Peter H Wimberger pwimberger at pugetsound.edu
Fri Apr 19 19:51:13 EDT 2019

I agree with Dean.  Have used absinthe for mussels as well – it was expensive, but I was in a pinch, and it was the highest proof around.  Transferred to 95% EtOH when back in the lab after a few days and DNA extraction, PCR and sequencing worked fine.  Absinthe arguably should be worse for the DNA than Everclear, but it worked.
PW