[Nhcoll-l] Open Position at Cal Academy

Debra Trock dtrock at calacademy.org
Thu Mar 7 18:56:39 EST 2019

Hi Folks,

Below is a summary of a newly created position at the California Academy of
Sciences.  Below the summary is a link to the full job description and
instructions for applying.

Research Collections Registrar

*POSITION SUMMARY: *The Research Collections Registrar (RCR) reports to the
Director of Collections in the Institute for Biodiversity Science and
Sustainability (IBSS), and works closely with all IBSS Collection Managers,
Curatorial Assistants and Curators, as well as with the Exhibits Team.  The
RCR is responsible for the overall strategy, selection, care,
documentation, installation, monitoring, and de-installation of IBSS
collection objects on display in the new Collections Gallery. This position
will also supervise a part-time assistant.

The scientific collections at the California Academy of Sciences contain
over 46 million specimens in disciplines including Anthropology, Botany,
Geology, Paleontology and all sub-disciplines of Zoology.  The Academy will
open a new Collections Gallery featuring themed displays of many of our
collection objects.  The RCR will be the primary representative and steward
of all of our scientific collections, working with both the Collections
staff and the Exhibits Team to ensure that the selection, display and care
of research objects/specimens follow all museum Best Practices for
collections while promoting the exhibit goals.

The California Academy of Sciences welcomes people of all backgrounds,
identities and beliefs to join us in achieving our mission to explore,
explain and sustain life on Earth.  We place diversity, equity and
inclusion at the heart of our recruiting efforts and strive to build a
culture centered on mutual respect, equal treatment, and the opportunity to
succeed.

https://calacademy.snaphire.com/jobdetails;jsessionid=60829796B4A073DF0F001746F6F9336E?ajid=9LN19

HAPPY JOB HUNTING!!

Dr. Debra Trock
*Director of Science Collections*
*Senior Collections Manager, Botany*
*President-Elect, Society for the Preservation of Natural History
Collections*
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118