[Nhcoll-l] Specimen loan packaging

Dirk Neumann neumann at snsb.de
Tue Sep 3 16:00:02 EDT 2019

concur - the words "paper cushioning packaging" in combination with a
picture search in your search engine give good results for local
producers/suppliers ...
some are very stable, even though the paper used tends to be harder and
more rigid compared to polymer-based paddings (bubble wrap / styrofoam
flakes)

Hope this helps
Dirk

Am 03.09.2019 um 21:53 schrieb Gali Beiner:
> I found that shredding paper in a shredder and stuffing it in any
> useful size of ziploc bags can make excellent padding pillows. One can
> add a layer of acid free tissue between specimen and bag if so desired.
>
> Gali Beiner (ACR)
> Conservator, Palaeontology Lab
> National Natural History Collections
> The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
> Berman Building, Edmond J. Safra campus, Givat Ram
> Jerusalem 91904, Israel
> Fax. 972-2-6585785
> gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il <mailto:gali.beiner at mail.huji.ac.il>
> http://nnhc.huji.ac.il/
>
> בתאריך יום ג׳, 3 בספט׳ 2019, 22:47, מאת Helen Kairo ‏<hezhu1 at gmail.com
> <mailto:hezhu1 at gmail.com>>:
>
>      Crinkle cut paper. It cushions well and is light, is recycled and
>     fully biodegradable.
>
>     On Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 12:38 PM Callomon,Paul <prc44 at drexel.edu
>     <mailto:prc44 at drexel.edu>> wrote:
>
>         Bags of kitty litter (Vermiculite). Also absorbs fluids and odors.
>
>         PC
>
>         *Paul Callomon*
>         /Collection Manager, Malacology and General Invertebrates/

>         *Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia***
>
>         1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
>         /callomon at ansp.org <mailto:callomon at ansp.org> Tel 215-405-5096
>         - Fax 215-299-1170/

Dirk Neumann

Tel: 089 / 8107-111
Fax: 089 / 8107-300
*new email: neumann(a)snsb.de*

Postanschrift:

Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns
Zoologische Staatssammlung München
Dirk Neumann, Sektion Ichthyologie / DNA-Storage
Münchhausenstr. 21
81247 München

Besuchen Sie unsere Sammlung:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/

---------

Dirk Neumann

Tel: +49-89-8107-111
Fax: +49-89-8107-300
*new email: neumann(a)snsb.de*

postal address:

Bavarian Natural History Collections
The Bavarian State Collection of Zoology
Dirk Neumann, Section Ichthyology / DNA-Storage
Muenchhausenstr. 21
81247 Munich (Germany)

Visit our section at:
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/sektion/ichthyologie-home/