[Nhcoll-l] AMNH IZ Collections Temporary Closure Extended to September 1

Christine Johnson cjohnson at amnh.org
Mon Jul 13 12:02:51 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,
Although New York City is moving towards reopening and AMNH is taking stepwise progress towards getting staff back onsite, our Invertebrate Zoology Collections operations are still suspended until approximately September 1.

Please do not return specimens or deposit/donate material at this time. Please also postpone loan requests, lest they get lost in email chains, until our more normal operations resume.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Chris

Christine Johnson, Ph.D.<https://www.amnh.org/research/staff-directory/christine-johnson>
Curatorial Associate
American Museum of Natural History<https://www.amnh.org/research/invertebrate-zoology>
Division of Invertebrate Zoology<https://www.amnh.org/research/invertebrate-zoology>
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024
(212)769-5605
cjohnson at amnh.org<mailto:cjohnson at amnh.org>

IMLS Coral Rehousing Project<https://cjohnson192.wixsite.com/amnh-cnidaria-corals>
Entomologica Americana<https://www.nyentsoc.org/>
Journal of Negative Results - EEB<http://www.jnr-eeb.org/index.php/jnr>

Colleagues:

In response to the ongoing events associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the U-M Herbarium's suspension of non-essential operations has been extended.  This includes access to the collections via scientific visits or outgoing loans.

Please do not ship any specimens (gifts, exchange, loan returns, etc.) to the herbarium at this time.  Loans may be requested; the requests will be placed into a queue and fulfilled when we resume normal operations.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,