[Nhcoll-l] Herbarium move

Schossleitner, T. T.Schossleitner at mfn.berlin
Wed Jul 29 15:08:30 EDT 2020

Hello all,

in the coming years the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin is planning the move of its Herbarium. It's a relatively small collection with roughly 50.000 specimens which are partly in a modern state and partly in an historical state of preparation.
So I was wondering if any of you has Advice on how to best transport them?
I heard of museum which vaccum them with special systems which don't apply pressure. Does anyone has any experience with that or any other good ways to move them?
Thanks in advance
Thomas