[Nhcoll-l] Old slides

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:28:52 EDT 2021

Paul,
A couple references on this topic that I have found very useful
(particularly Neuhaus et al):

Moore, S. J. 1979. Restoration of the Quekett Microscope Slide Collection.
*Microscopy* 33:489-494.

Neuhaus, B., T. Schmid, and J. Riedel. 2017. Collection management and
study of microscope slides: storage, profiling, deterioration, restoration
procedures, and general recommendations. *Zootaxa* 4322(1):1-173.

--John

John E. Simmons
Writer and Museum Consultant
Museologica
*and*
Associate Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
*and*
Investigador Asociado, Departamento de Ornitologia
Museo de Historia Natural, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima