[Nhcoll-l] FW: Please distribute Call for Abstracts Virtual Safety & Cultural Heritage Summit

Hawks, Catharine HawksC at si.edu
Mon Jun 7 14:13:22 EDT 2021

From: Kathryn Makos <kamakos at verizon.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 6, 2021 6:52 PM
To: Miller, Melissa Q. <MillerMQ at si.edu>; 'Cusack-McVeigh, H.' <hmcusack at iupui.edu>; 'Emily England' <emily.england93 at gmail.com>; Hawks, Catharine <HawksC at si.edu>; 'Kelsey Babik' <kbabik2 at jhmi.edu>; 'Kelsey Babik' <kelsey.babik at gmail.com>; kerith.koss at gmail.com; 'Margaret Skimina' <mskimina at artic.edu>; 'Raquel Huffman' <rshuff at umich.edu>
Subject: Please distribute Call for Abstracts Virtual Safety & Cultural Heritage Summit

External Email - Exercise Caution

Dear Team!

We are once again (6th year!) planning for a still-Virtual (and still-free) Safety & Cultural Heritage Summit.  We would so appreciate if you would distribute this to your academic contacts and student portals.  Obviously, we would love for all of you to submit as well.

We have 4 submission options: traditional 20-min presentation, a 10-min mini-talk, a 60 or 90-min panel with multiple speakers if there's a topic a group would like to present, and a virtual poster. The panel submission option or the virtual poster option might be perfect for some of the students you are mentoring/teaching. OR....an overview of the IUPUI H&S curricula and student outreach (AIHA Student Sections, local museum work etc).

Abstracts due by August 1.

Many thanks, and warm regards,

Kathy

Kathryn Makos, MPH CIH

(Ret) Smithsonian Institution OSHEM

Chair, AIHA Museum & Cultural Heritage Industry Working Group