[Nhcoll-l] Mounting specimens in jars

Sebastien Enault voraghl at gmail.com
Thu May 20 03:22:19 EDT 2021

Dear all,
A couple of colleagues at a nearby museum are looking to mount several
specimens in jars. They're a mix of small vertebrates and invertebrates. At
the present time, I'm not sure if they have made up their mind between
ethanol and kaiserling solutions. What I do know is that they intend to use
a glass backing plate and nylon wire to attach the specimens to the plate.
We were wondering if anyone had any input regarding the long term effects
of both solutions on the nylon wire, and conversely, of the nylon wire on
the solutions and specimens, and told them I would ask here. Otherwise I'll
just direct them to the celloidin adhesive described in J.E. Simmon
reference book.
Thanks a lot,
S. Enault