[Nhcoll-l] Mounting specimens in jars

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Thu May 20 03:46:03 EDT 2021

Hi Sebastian,

If you’re going to use the celloidin mounting technique - which requires no monofilaments or hole drilling through glass, then the preservative must be alcohol, it won’t work for Kaiserling 3.

In my experience I have known of no interaction between nylon monofilament and either of these preservatives.

With all good wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

www.natural-history-conservation.com