[Nhcoll-l] Designing a new fluid store

Marden, Sarah Sarah.Marden at plymouth.gov.uk
Wed May 3 09:37:18 EDT 2023

OFFICIAL

Hello

Apologies if this has been asked before. I've been asked to write a proposal of what I would want from a new store for our collection of 4,000+ spirit preserved specimens in a UK regional museum. Our current facility is earmarked for demolition and was always a temporary solution so has never met our needs. We are talking about the design of a new building to incorporate a store and workspace.

I would appreciate any feedback about must-haves or lessons learnt from your fluid stores.

I would also love to know if anyone has thoughts about how a store could have public access?

Thanks
Sarah

Sarah Marden
Curator
The Box
Plymouth City Council
Tavistock Place
Plymouth
PL4 8AX

T +441752304245
E sarah.marden at plymouth.gov.uk<mailto:Sarah.Marden at plymouth.gov.uk>
theboxplymouth.com

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential or sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy or distribute it to any other person or take any action in reliance. If you have received it in error, please notify your system manager and the sender as soon as possible and then delete it from your system.