[Wgcp-whc] Meeting times for the Group

richard.deming at yale.edu richard.deming at yale.edu
Fri Aug 20 17:27:18 EDT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

The votes have been tallied.  The vast majority of people expressed a
preference for our group to meet biweekly Fridays from 1-3 pm.  We’re
planning for the first meeting to be Sept 17th.  We will, however, have
a special meeting on the 22nd so as to take advantage of the fact that
French scholar and translator Abigail Lang from the Université de Paris
will be passing through because of the Louis Zukofsky conference to be
held at Columbia University from the 17th-19th (information on this
conference can be find by following this link
http://www.writing.upenn.edu/epc/authors/zukofsky/100/program.html).
Professor Lang has agreed to come to our group and discuss the 9th
section of Zukofsky’s magnum opus, “A.”  Our first group meeting should
therefore focus on A-9 in preparation, as well as perhaps Zukofsky’s
fugitive work 80 Flowers, another text on which Lang has worked very
closely.  More details about these initial meetings—including when and
where to pick up photocopies of the texts—will follow in a week or so.
At the first meeting, we can establish the agenda for texts that the
group will work on over the semester.

cheers,
R. Deming, group secretary