[Wgcp-whc] WG/CP--Duplessis, April 11

richard.deming at yale.edu richard.deming at yale.edu
Sat Apr 5 10:36:19 EDT 2008

Dear Friends,

this Friday, April 11th, we will be continue our discussion of the work of
Rachel Blau Duplessis. Ths time, however, the poet herself will join our
conversation. Rather than writing minutes of the last session, I wll attach a
series of questions that I have sent to Duplessis.  These questions are posed
during or extrapolated from the group's last session and should provide an idea
of the range  and scope of the issues that came up in thinking of this poet's
work. These questions will serve as a framework for the coming session.

Also, a brand new interview with Duplessis has arrived.  It is extremely useful
and does give a sense of what the conversation will be like.

http://phillysound.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html#517149889320728031#517149889320728031

During our last session there was repeated reference to an interview with
Duplessis by Charles Bernstein.  One of the central topics was the issue of
what constitutes a "poetry of ideas." It was requested that I send this again.

http://media.sas.upenn.edu/pennsound/groups/Close-Listening/DuPlessis-Rachel_Close-Listening-Discussion_UPenn_04-27-05.mp3

Our following session will be with John Cayley (on April 25), one of the central
figures in digital poetics.  The readings for that will be along some time this
week.

Cheers,
Richard Deming