[YPNG] YPNG, Friday 30 September 2016

Sekhar Tatikonda sekhar.tatikonda at yale.edu
Tue Sep 27 09:42:33 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Yining Wang (CMU) will talk in the YPNG seminar this week:

Title: Computational aspects of subset selection in regression models

Abstract: In this talk I will talk about some computational aspects of
subset selection or experimental design in linear regression models. I will
discuss two computationally feasible algorithms: one random algorithm with
subset size linear in dimension, and a deterministic algorithm with subset
size quadratic in dimension but independent of condition number of the
design matrix. I will also discuss about potential connections to the graph
sparsification problem. The paper draft can be found at arXiv:1601.02068.

Bio: Yining Wang is a 3rd-year PhD student in machine learning department
at Carnegie Mellon University. His research area is statistical machine
learning, with topics including active/adaptive sampling, missing data and
compressed measurements in high-dimensional models.

See you Friday at 11am in the Stat's classroom.

Regards,
sekhar