[Yale ArchivesSpace] Daily Update from Library IT on ArchivesSpace

Wisner, Melissa melissa.wisner at yale.edu
Mon Jun 22 16:57:36 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

Library IT would like to share the following updates on the effort to bring AS to expected performance:

*         After an intensive week of analysis in house, YUL is contracting with Hudson Molonglo (HM) the authors of AS, to conduct a complete analysis of YUL's system configuration and local AS application. This work is being expedited, both in terms of payment to get started and at HM. We hope to have a report of their analysis after 40 hours of work. In preparation for HM's work, Library IT is finalizing requested system documentation including detailed system diagrams and up to date specs on the application in place.

*         Library IT is also working for a few days now on readying a physical server with much higher memory available so we may relocate the MYSQL database only and test performance. This is in direct response to a recommendation from developers at Lyrasis, that YUL needed significant more memory for MySQL operations.

*         Library IT is aware of a new problem report related to the editing of accession records in production. We have checked off a few potential contributors and are now going to follow another lead first in our dev instance of AS. More information as we continue testing this issue.

*          Please continue to report any technical problems with production AS to libraryit.entsys at yale.edu<mailto:libraryit.entsys at yale.edu>

*         Library IT has the equivalent of more than 1 FTE working to resolve this issue as quickly, yet methodically, as possible. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Melissa Wisner
Library IT