[NHCOLL-L:271] Lab and collection safety questions

BENAMY at SAY.ACNATSCI.ORG BENAMY at SAY.ACNATSCI.ORG
Thu Oct 7 11:39:10 EDT 1999

The Academy of Natural Sciences is in the process of upgrading its safety
systems and procedures throughout the facility.  We have everything
ranging from natural history collections (wet and dry) to exhibit fabrication,
live animals, and biological and environmental laboratories doing everything
from molecular genetics to nutrient analysis and pollutant monitoring.

We are looking for some assistance from similar institutions in developing
more comprehensive hazard communication plans, chemical hygiene and lab
safety procedures and training programs, etc.  If you have what you consider
to be a thorough, up-to-date set of procedures, training schedules, and
documents and would be willing to share them with us, please contact me.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Elana Benamy
Collection Manager, Invertebrate Paleontology
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA  19103
USA