[NHCOLL-L:1682] Advice wanted about fumigating near herps

Maurice Watson mauricew at southlandmuseum.co.nz
Thu Aug 15 05:25:05 EDT 2002

Do you have any experience or know of anyone who has experience fumigating
for insect pests near indoor captive populations of herps?

We have a captive breeding programme with Tuatara (Sphenodon punctatus and
S. guntheri) within part of our Museum & Art Gallery building. We need to
control insect pests throughout the museum and have concerns about keeping
the tuatara safe at the same time.

I am keen to communicate with someone who has had experience fumigating for
insect pests (spiders, silverfish, book lice etc) near such an enclosure.

Any comments or suggestions welcome. Please respond off list directly to
mauricew at southlandmuseum.co.nz <mailto:mauricew at southlandmuseum.co.nz> .

Maurice Watson
Programmes Manager
Southland Museum & Art Gallery