[NHCOLL-L:2656] UConn herbarium specimen database

Andrew Doran adoran at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Mon May 16 14:58:14 EDT 2005

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce that we have databased and made available
on-line over 50,000 specimens at the University of Connecticut, George
Safford Torrey Herbarium (CONN). We have broken up certain groups
(phycology, bryology, type specimens ect.) into separate datasets due to a
variety of different information being displayed (images, references,
orders etc). To access the site follow the below URL and click on the
Virtual Herbarium link on the top menu:

http://collections2.eeb.uconn.edu/collections/herbarium/

We welcome comments on the data and are continuing to clean up some
localities and older records. We currently have high resolution images for
type specimens and are working on these for our phycology collections. We
are more than happy to receive gifts / exchanges of specimens and can
assure that they will also be processed swiftly and added to the database.
All transactions are acknowledged on-line and links to institutions
provided. Any queries about the data, database(s) or website are welcome
off-list.

Regards,

Andrew Doran & Don Les (Director)

Andrew S. Doran