[NHCOLL-L:4297] SPNHC2009: Reminder for Registration

Rabeler, Richard rabeler at umich.edu
Sun Apr 19 18:43:30 EDT 2009

Colleagues:

On behalf of the Organizing Committee for the Leiden meeting, I'd like to report on a few details of the upcoming meeting.

 - Abstracts - the deadline for submitting abstracts has passed.  Over 60 were received - a very good sign!!

 - Registration - The deadline for Early Registration is approaching - May 5th.  If you are planning to attend, you have a little over two weeks to register at the reduced rate.   I am sure that there are some folks who will be attending who have not yet registered; apparently this also includes some of the presenters. Now is the time to do so!

- One inducement to US/Canada members - Last week, Northwest Airlines (which is now gradually becoming Delta) announced a sale on flights to most European destinations from June through September.  I suspect some of the other carriers may have similar programs.  If you looked at flights a while back, it might be worth a second look - one of my colleagues noted that the same flight that was priced at over $1400 when she looked in January now has a price tag of about $850. Procrastinating in this case might have its rewards!

I am looking forward to a successful 2009 meeting, bringing SPNHC to the European continent for the first time.  I hope that many of you will consider attending!!

Sincerely,

Rich Rabeler
SPNHC President