[Nhcoll-l] Ethanol concentration for tissue samples

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 27 12:47:19 EST 2016

Hi Sarah,

Presumably this relates to preservation of DNA?  If so, then it was agreed, a few years ago, that using 96% ethanol and stored at 5 deg. C was the best.  99% and absolute were found to be less effective.
I am sure there will be other comments relating to this.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,
www.natural-history-conservation.com