[Nhcoll-l] FW: [CRUST-L:9947] Mercuric chloride and sequencing

Paolo Viscardi p.viscardi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:53:13 EST 2017

Hi Rachael,

these are both quite old references and contemporary techniques can yield
usable data from much more fragmented DNA than was possible back in 2003. I
expect the High Throughput Sequencing techniques being used for formalin
treated material my be applicable to specimens preserved in mercuric
chloride:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__journals.plos.org_plosone_article-3Fid-3D10.1371_journal.pone.0141579&d=CwIFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=7Hv0d9U59ARm-uJ3xwzPGUpdSBFvTyKM0ZHs1Gr8kUQ&s=wfyTfwZHLSNzoV9KY6fhmWfvpjFkXDgHSIRmQKVcMmA&e=

Cheers,

Paolo