[Nhcoll-l] Does anyone have a document for protection when specimens are used outside the institution?

Holly Forbes hforbes at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 2 14:06:25 EST 2021

Justin,

Unless you are lending out specimens that you no longer want in your
collection, I recommend that you include funding for and the requirement
for the presence of a museum representative during all filming, with
authority to withdraw the specimens if they are placed in jeopardy.

Our campus Real Estate Services writes all contracts for commercial filming
on site, and your similarly responsible office may also offer advice on a
contract for loaning out specimens for a commercial shoot.

Cheers,

Holly