[Wgcp-whc] Readings for WGCP Meeting -- Patricia Willis on Marianne Moore

Nancy Kuhl nancy.kuhl at yale.edu
Tue Nov 13 09:40:08 EST 2007

All--

Attached please find a PDF of readings for our next meeting, on November
30th, 3pm, at the Beinecke Library. At this special meeting, American
Literature curator and Marianne Moore scholar Patricia Willis will lead a
discussion about Moore's work and show some of the poet's manuscripts and
related archival materials from the Beinecke's collections.

The readings in the attached packet include: 1--Moore's poem "Marriage";
2--4 versions of Moore's poem "Poetry" published between 1919 and 1967;
3--Patricia Willis's essay "A Modernist Epithalamium: Marianne Moore's
'Marriage'" (if you have difficulty with the PDF, please contact me at
nancy.kuhl at yale.edu). The file is also available on line at:
http://www.library.yale.edu/~nkuhl/WGCP-Willis-Moore.pdf.

And speaking of the Beinecke Library, please join us at the library this
Thursday at 4pm for a reading by poets Graham Foust and Elizabeth Robinson;
for details and information about the poets visit:
http://beineckepoetry.wordpress.com/.

Nancy

Nancy Kuhl
Associate Curator, Yale Collection of American Literature
The Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Yale University
121 Wall Street, P.O. Box 208240
New Haven, CT 06520-8240
Phone: 203.432.2966