Armyworm Moths

Anthony Zemba AZemba at maguiregroup.com
Fri Jul 20 08:58:01 EDT 2001

Hi John and others:

What can you tell me about Armyworm Moths? My girlfriend's parents in Hope Valley, Rhode Island called to say that thier lawn has been invaded by  worms which are eating all the grass. They were appalled because I guess there is a huge outbreak, and the "worms" are advancing along a front from the front yard to the back yard. I suspect the worms they are referring to are Armyworm moths.  Do you know of any biological control for Armyworm moths so I can discourage her parents from using pesticides? What is their average cycle interval?, etc. any info you can direct me to would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony J. Zemba