southern Connecticut

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sun Sep 7 13:06:59 EDT 2003

I apologize to those who get this twice...

Yesterday (Sat. Sept. 6) I found myself in Norwalk, CT at the Oyster
Festival.  As I wandered around the grounds, I saw numerous Monarchs
that seemed to be heading southwest.  The Festival is at the seaport--the
Monarchs seemed to be heading towards the harbor (by Long Island
Sound).  When I was leaving, heading towards I-95 (exit 16), I continued to
see several Monarchs heading in the same direction.  Anyone know of a
staging area in that neck of the woods?

As I headed home along I-95 north, I encountered a few pockets of
Monarchs along or crossing the highway--a few in Stratford, a few in New
Haven, one appeared to be getting off the exit 55 ramp, and a few in
Guilford.

Things seem to be looking good for the Connecticut Butterfly
Association-sponsored tagging day at Hammonasset on September 20!
(For info, visit www.ctbutterfly.org)

Diane Adams
Chester, CT (and across CT)