After hurricane butterflies

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 16:36:52 EDT 2011

I haven't been on the computer much--no power (or phone or water), but I have been seeing a lot of butterflies in the yard!

Monarchs (including the two I released)
Eastern Tiger Swallowtails
Spicebush Swallowtails
Great Spangled Fritillaries
Silver Spotted Skippers
a hairstreak that I keep forgetting to identify...
can't remember whether I saw the Buckeye before or after the storm...
Cabbage Whites

And I still have about 10 Monarch caterpillars and two chrysalides in the house.

I apologize in advance for the next newsletter probably being later than hoped for--when I'm back online at home, I will probably be putting out a call for photos--please don't send right now, my inbox is overflowing, and I can only get online if I go to the library! Also looking for articles for upcoming newsletters...

Diane
in Chester
100% without power