[EAS]Online Vision Tests (again)

pjk pjk at design.eng.yale.edu
Sat Sep 29 23:47:16 EDT 2001

Subject:   Online Vision Tests (again)

Dear Colleagues -

Back in April I mentioned that the New Mexico Motor Vehicle
department had started to use online vision testing.
<http://www.yale.edu/engineering/eng-info/msg00830.html> The actual
news story link in that posting has gone stale, but a similar one
exists <http://www.abqjournal.com/use/1vision03-28-01.htm>.

At the time I expressed the hope, based on a personal interest in
the subject, that more diverse online vision testing would become
available. Now a quick www.google.com search on "online vision
test" shows that things are indeed happening, e.g. I find

<http://www.preventblindness.org/eye_tests/> (you print the charts)
<http://www.blindness.org/html/swarning/wonlinevt.html>
<http://www.cactus.org/~kingman/CVDtest.html>
<http://www.opticalinsider.com/webchart.html>
<http://www.dada.it/eyeweb/eotto.htm>

plus more. (These should, of course, only be considered screening
tests. If you suspect a problem, definitive testing should be done
by an eye professional.)

All best,  --PJK