[EAS] Durable Web Publication Successes

Peter J. Kindlmann peter.kindlmann at yale.edu
Thu Jun 10 20:50:23 EDT 2010

Dear Friends and Colleagues -

Just a reminder of two durable Web publication successes:

Since 1994, "Scout Report"
<http://scout.wisc.edu/Reports/ScoutReport/Current/>, a Web resource identifier
based at the Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, has sent weekly mailings identifying
valuable Web resources. I've often forwarded you individual items, but let me
remind you of the whole. Their archives
<http://scout.wisc.edu/Archives/index.php> are searchable.
What prompted me to write at this time, is the announcement of a "Best of
2009-2010" collection
<http://scout.wisc.edu/Reports/ScoutReport/2010/scout-bestof.php>.

Founded and guided by Edward Valauskas, and now in its 15th year, "First Monday"
<http://www.uic.edu/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/about> is one of the
first peer-reviewd online-only publications. It is based at the Univ. of
Illinois-Chicago. I get a table-of-content email from them at the beginning of
every month. The current issue
<http://www.uic.edu/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/issue/current>
is particularly interesting, including an article by the great philosopher of
the Internet age, Albert Borgmann.

      --PJK