KUROSAWA ON VIDEO (PAL)

Mirjam/Roger Fischer mrfischer
Thu Aug 6 08:37:38 EDT 1998

Kurosawa Films PAL & SECAM with french subtitles
Go to the ARTE Index Page:

http://www.sdv.fr./arte/index_f.html

Go to "Boutique", then "ARTE VIDEO". Look for "CINEMA JAPONAIS". There you
will find for example MADADAYO.

In France you have also the collection FNAC, where you can find some
interesting Japanese movies. The only problem is, that they are in the
french SECAM-Format (Colors on SECAM will become B & W on PAL and the
picture quality will suffer).

CONNAISSEUR VIDEO has also a great selection of Kurosawa Films:

Already in Spring 1992 (sorry I didn't find a more updated catalogue) they had

SEVEN SAMURAI, THRONE OF BLOOD, JUDO SAGA PARTS 1&11, THE BAD SLEEP WELL

I remember a more updated Kurosawa Catalogue with about 10 to 15 Kurosawa
films.So try it out.

The cassettes are in the PAL-Format, with english subtitles.

CONTACT: 	CONNAISSEUR VIDEO
		GLENBUCK HOUSE
		GLENBUCK ROAD
		SURBITON
		SURREY KT6 6BT
		GB
		TEL. 081 399 0022

Look also for the ICA-Projects Video Catalogue (London,GB). I don't think
they have Kurosawa films, but you can find films of Suzuki, Kitano, Wong
Kar-Wai etc.