Reviews

Ono Seiko and Aaron Gerow onogerow at angel.ne.jp
Fri Sep 24 19:31:23 EDT 1999

One quick note before I head off for Kyoto.

First, I think Mark and anyone else should feel free to post their
reviews of recent films to the list.  I think the suggestions about
putting "Review:" in the title is good not only as a means of warning
those not interested, but also because it will help people look for
reviews when the KineJapan archive is put on line (eventually).  It's
understandable if Mark and I do feel we shouldn't clutter up the list too
much (especially Mark, who writes longer reviews once a week whereas I do
about twice a month), so I think people should respect our (and other's)
hesistancy to post everything we write.

Second, there have been suggestions about including other people's
reviews on the Kinema Club site.  We haven't proceeded with that mainly
because, 1) it's enough trouble putting up my reviews, 2) when the
archive comes up, the reviews posted to the list will appear on the site
anyway, 3) we don't want to give management access (ability to download,
etc.) to too many people, etc.  But these are not unsurmountable
problems.  My feeling still is to just post reviews to the list and, when
the archives come on line, put up a special interface to search just
reviews.  But we'll see.

Anyway, I'm off!

Aaron