Haruki Films (E+J)

Aaron Gerow gerow
Fri Sep 10 01:17:55 EDT 1999

>I seem to remember this question being asked before so my apologies for
>repeating it but can any one inform me of films (available for
>educational use as teaching videos) based on the fiction of Murakami
>Haruki? I'd be grateful for any information.

The Japanese Movie Database lists the following three films as having
been made from a Murakami story:

    1.??
           1.1981.12.19???????????????????
           2.1982.11.18?????????????????
           3.1988.02.20???????????

As far as I know, only the first is available on video, from Towa:

http://www.toho.co.jp/towa/towavideo/atg/welcome-j.html

The second film is a 17 minute short that has been shown abroad.

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
International Student Center
Yokohama National University