renting Japanese videos

Lang Thompson wlt4
Sat Jan 1 22:05:25 EST 2000

Hi,  I've just discovered that there's a Japanese video store a few minutes
away from my apartment.  However since I neither read nor speak the
language my question is whether anybody knows of a good way to find things.
 For example, if I wanted to find any Seijun Suzuki or Yasuzo Masumura
films is there an online source that will give me the Japanese titles of
any, preferably in Japanese characters, if I know the English?  Or even any
titles for recent releases, or in short anything to look for other than
just an interesting box cover.  (From my past experience in
non-English-language video stores I'm expecting that the staff will try to
actively discourage me from renting anything and will be of no help.)

Thanks, LT
Full Alert Film Review
http://wlt4.home.mindspring.com/fafr.htm

Funhouse