Need freelancer for Korea piece

Mark Schilling schill
Mon Mar 20 12:53:07 EST 2000

Screen International wants a 2,400-word survey on the Korean film industry
for their daily issues at the Cannes Film Festival. They asked me, but I am
going to Udine on April 8 for the Far East Film Festival and the thought of
doing this piece, while clearing a huge pile off my desk in preparation for
the trip, gives me the willies.

The ideal candidate:

(1) Is based in Korea and is familiar with the industry and its players
(2) Is willing to do leg work (no rehashes from already published sources)
(2) Can write acceptable English
(3) Can meet deadlines
(4) Can send relevant clips (i.e., something to do with film, not celadon
pottery)

This job may lead to a permanent position as Screen's correspondent in
Korea.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be interested, contact me
at schill at gol.com before the end of the week.

Mark Schilling