History Of Japanese Documentary Film pre 1945

Mark H Nornes amnornes
Fri Dec 14 03:47:20 EST 2001

Yes, I neglected to mention Peter's book. Its release has been "impending"
for a long time now. Any news on a release date, Peter?

>From what I understand, the press was making him shorten the book---more
evidence of market taking precedence over content---and he was cutting
down on some of the documentary material. So you might have to go to the
original book. There's a lot of good, well-researched stuff there.

Of course, if you can read japanese, there are many, many books and
journals you can read on documentary. (Probably more than in English.)

Markus