Crouching Tiger

MRC: Ruth Cross ruth at mrc.org.au
Mon Feb 19 02:06:09 EST 2001

J Rand wrote:
 .....but perhaps, for some people,
>this will be a first step to exploring what other Asian films have to offer.
>Perhaps a hybrid of this nature can actually do more to bridge gaps and open
>other doors for other Asian cinema that is perhaps not so readily accessible
>to the general public than any amount of discussions.

absolutely, let's not forget about this possibility.

& whilst I personally couldn't really give a toss about the Oscars/Golden
Globes - what they are and represent - it has to be said, that for a
chinese film to have even made it to nominee level, is an incredible
milestone for Asian cinema in terms of mainstream engagement and
potentially, a hugely significant turning point.