Kobayashi's Inochi Bonifuro

Aaron Gerow gerow
Thu Feb 8 22:18:30 EST 2001

>In Kobayashi's 1971 film Inochi Bonifuro, is Officer Kanedo played by
>Shigeru Kamiyama or by Shigeru Kouyama?  I have sources suggesting each, and
>each actor was active at that time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have my actor's directories with
me), but I wonder if "Shigeru Kamiyama" is really just Koyama Shigeru,
but with the name misread.  The famous character actor that I know is
Koyama Shigeru (????or Kouyama Shigeru if you don't use modified
Hepburn romanization), and he did appear in several Kobayashi films and
is credited for the film you talk about.  The characters for his family
name are usually read Kamiyama, but there is an alternative reading
Koyama used in his case (also seen with the director Koyama Seijiro).  I
just don't recall a film actor called Kamiyama Shigeru (and none is
listed in the JMDB). The IMDb lists a Kamiyama Shigeru, but the three
films listed are films in which Koyama Shigeru appeared playing those
characters.  (Noting this mistake, I have sent in a correction to the
IMDb).

Aaron Gerow
Yokohama National University
KineJapan list owner
For list commands: send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html