Hollywood remakes of Japanese films

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary
Fri Feb 23 10:46:28 EST 2001

Going even further back to the original question, I think THE MAN WHO STOLE
THE SUN is ripe for a remake.  There's been many US films about terrorists
who've got their mits on a nuclear bomb and knew exactly what to do with it.
 But beauty of this film is that once he has the power, No 8 hasn't got a
clue what to ask for ... other than no news break during a baseball game.
Of course that might explain Eminem and Elton John on stage together at the
Grammy's...

Stephen