Berlin line-up

Aaron Gerow gerow
Wed Jan 31 19:58:03 EST 2001

>PANORAMA DOCUMENTS:
>Gaea Girls, dir. Kim Longinotto (Japanese w/ English subtitles)

My wife just saw this and was very impressed.  Cried a lot, she said.
And she's a tough cookie.

>Kaza-hana, dir. Somai Shinji

I was not too impressed with this and many of the reviews I've read were
not either.

>Love/Juice, dir. Shindo Kaze

Both Mark and I put this on our best ten lists.

>FORUM VIDEO PROGRAM
>Devotion (A Film About Ogawa Productions), dir. Barbara Hammer

My wife co-produced this.  A very interesting investigation of not only
Ogawa Pro, but also the gender relationships of the New Left.  It helps
to know a bit about Ogawa Pro, though.

>CHILDREN'S FILM FEST
>Nagisa, dir. Konuma Masaru
> -- Isn't he a (former?) Nikkatsu roman poruno director?

Yes, and this is his first film in ages.  A nice youth film, but to me a
bit predictable.  Eigei put it in the best ten, but I wonder if it was
not mostly due to sentimental votes.

Aaron Gerow
Yokohama National University
KineJapan list owner
For list commands: send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html