translations needed for Japanese silents

ReelDrew at aol.com ReelDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 15:52:44 EDT 2001

I've been heartened by the responses to my request for translations of the
intertitles of Japanese silents on video.  Several have volunteered and now
have copies of the videos.  I currently have copies of the following silents
ready to send immediately to anyone who wishes to translate them in exchange
for the copy of the video: Kiyohiko Ushihara's "Shingun" (1930), Yasujiro
Ozu's "Tokyo no Gassho" (1931) and "Dekigokoro" (1933), and Hiroshi Shimizu's
"Kinkanshoku" (1934).

William M. Drew