Fwd: Asian Films at the VIENNALE 2001

Ono Seiko and Aaron Gerow onogerow
Wed Oct 3 09:44:39 EDT 2001

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
Dear friends,
we are glad to inform you that a broad range of Asian films will be
screened at the VIENNALE, the Vienna International Film Festival
(October 19 to 31, 2001):

CHINA (INCLUDING HONG KONG)
AN YANG YING ER (The Orphan of Anyang) by Wang Chao
DONG CI BIAN WEI (Conjugation) by Emily Tang
HAI XIAN (Seafood) by Zhu Wen
JIAN NIAN XIA TIAN (Fish and Elephant) by Li Yu
THREE-FIVE PEOPLE by Li Lin
XIARI NUANYANG YANG (I Love Beijing) by Ning Ying

INDIA
PATTIYUDE DIVASANAM (A Dog's Day) by Murali Nair

IRAN
DELBARAN by Abolfazl Jalili
RAYE MAKHFI (Secret Ballot) by Babak Payami
SANAM by Rafi Pitts
ZIRE PUSTE SHAHR (Under the Skin of the City) by Rakhshan Bani-Etemad

JAPAN
HOTARU by Kawase Naomi
H STORY by Suwa Nobuhiro
KYA KA RA BA A by Kawase Naomi
MABUDACHI by Furumaya Tomoyuki

There will be a special program called "RESTLESS SOULS - NEW
JAPANESE GHOST FILMS":

KAIRO by Kurosawa Kiyoshi
KAKASHI by Tsuruta Norio
KYUA by Kurosawa Kiyoshi
PERFECT BLUE by Kon Satoshi
RASEN by Iida Joji
RINGU by Nakata Hideo
TOMIE by Oikawa Ataru
VERSUS by Kitamura Ryuhei

SRI LANKA
ME MAGE SANDAI (This Is My Moon) by Asoka Handagama

TAIWAN
CHIE SHI MAN PO (Millennium Mambo) by Hou Hsiao-hsien
NI NEI PIEN CHI TIEN (What Time Is It There?) by Tsai Ming-liang
YI YI (A One and a Two) by Edward Yang

THAILAND
Fah talai jone (Tears of the Black Tiger) by Wisit Sasanatieng

In addition to that, this year's retrospective (October 1 to 31) is
dedicated to the cinema of the Central Asian republics Kazakhstan,
Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.

Kind regards,
Andreas Ungerboeck
VIENNALE Press Office