Japan TV tapes

Brian Dunn b1dunn at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:06:13 EDT 2002

>     I would like to use Japanese TV as a medium to further my Japanese
>language ability (and perhaps for other studies as well). Of course, I do
>not have access to Japanese television on a constant basis (when I do,
it's
>TV Japan; I would like some entertainment), so I am writing to ask if
anyone
>may be interested in recording Japanese television and trading (or
sending)
>tapes. If anyone is interested, please reply to my e-mail address... all
you
>have to do is hit "record" and drop it off in the mail. I'll pay for
>tapes/shipping/your time/et al.....

Are you by any chance in America? There is TV Japan, which is on one of the
satellite networks. And just recently here in Seattle our digital cable
provider has added it to the channel line-up, so I imagine you can get it
in other parts of the US as well. TV Japan is NHK TV and here is the
website and it will tell you how you can get it:
http://www.tvjapan.net/eng/index_e.html

Brian Dunn

b1dunn at hotmail.com
University of Washington