ever heard about Nobuo Nakagawa ?

Descans Cyril descan at noos.fr
Mon Oct 21 05:56:42 EDT 2002

  Hi !

  I'm new to this list and I would like to know if anyone out there has seen
movies about Nobuo Nakagawa ?

  I've recently purchased dvds from Beam Entertainment / Eclipse Films which
have been released in Japan. These were the five ones dedicated to the
horror movies directed by the great Nobuo Nakagawa.

  It seems quite hard to get to see ghost and horror movies from the
1960/1970 years. Kaiju eiga are easier to put an eye on...

  I'm still waiting to get the chance to see movies like "Kyuketsuki
Gokemidoro" (aka Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell) by Hajime Sato (1968),
"Yokai hyaku monogatari" (aka The Hundred Ghost Stories) by Kimiyoshi Yasuda
(1968) or "Hausu" (aka House) by Nobuhiko Obayashi (1977).

  It gets even harder to see such films when you want to see them uncut, in
japanese language and english (or french...) subtitles !

  Though my favourite japanese movie so long is probably "Seppuku" by Masaki
Kobayashi I'm mainly interested in what some may call "cult" movies. One
other favourite of mine is "Jigoku" by Nobuo Nakagawa.

  I'll be happy to talk about such movies and others with you on the
KineJapan ML !

  Cyril