Asians' Language Experience in Film

Kumiko Sato satoku at earlham.edu
Sun Oct 27 18:29:33 EST 2002

Dear KineJapaners,

I'm not sure if this list is the right place to ask, but your help in any
form will be greatly appreciated.  As making reading plans for Spring
courses, I've been seeking interesting films that deal with cross-cultural
experiences of Asians or Asian-Americans who struggle (or are obsessed...)
with English language acquisition and use, and/or silence.  I thought of
Crazy English and Greenaway's The Pillow Book, but they seem to fall short
in terms of availability or content.  Do you out there have any good
suggestions, fiction or documentary?  Thank you very much in advance.

Kumiko Sato