Film/Anime Criticism/Theory

M Arnold ma_iku at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:21:48 EST 2003

I have several books on anime/manga that may be interesting for you.
Perhaps you could use excerpts, or take out just one chapter?  I'm thinking
of Inaba Shinichiro's _Naushika kaidoku: yuutopia no rinkai_, Ueno Toshiya's
_Kurenai no metaru suutsu: anime to iu senjo_, Saito Minako's _Koittenron:
anime / tokusatsu / denki no hiroin zo_, Kotani Mari's _Seibo Evangerion_.
There are a few special issues of Kinema Junpo and Eureka that are full of
short essays on Oshii and Miyazaki.  There's also an essay on Oshii in
Yomota Inuhiko's _Nihon eiga no radikaru na ishi_.

If any of these sound interesting and you want more details please let me
know.

Michael Arnold