how to get subtitles for a dvd from Japan ? + "School of the Holy Beast" on dvd

Descans Cyril descan at noos.fr
Wed Jan 8 11:06:11 EST 2003

> All the Nakagawa DVD's are subbed.

That's true for the eight ones released by Eclipse Film / Beam Entertainment
but there are two others titles "Kenpei to Yuurei" and "Ningyou Sahichi
Torimonochou: Youen Rokushibijin" which don't have any subtitles...

here are some links to them :

https://www.sazuma.com/showdcd.php3?dcd_id=IMBS-1018

https://www.sazuma.com/showdcd.php3?dcd_id=IMBS-1039

>You don't really need subs to understand/appreciate #701.

I believe you but I'd still better wait a little and buy other movies before
spending about 45 $ for this one...

By the way,

 "Sei ju gakuen" (aka "School of the Holy Beast" 1974) by Norifumi Suzuki
and
"Joshuu sasori: Dai-41 zakkyo-bô" (aka "Female Convict Scorpion Jailhouse
41" 1972) by Shunya Ito

are gonna be released on dvd for the french market (I guess there will be no
english subtitles) in two months.

"Female Convict Scorpion Jailhouse 41" is already available on Region 1 dvd
in the USA but I haven't heard about an edition of ""School of the Holy
Beast" anywhere in the world before.