sake in films

Jeremy Low imademographic
Tue Jun 17 20:55:04 EDT 2003

    There is a scene in "Sans Soleil" that has sake in
it.  I'm not sure where it occurs in the film, but
basically the narrator says something to the effect
of: "the poor would love to have one of those bottles
of sake that the Japanese pour on the graves of the
dead."  This isn't exactly a Japanese film, it was
directed by Chris Marker.  Although there's a lot
about Japan in the film and it's worth seeing if you
have not.
--Jeremy Low.

PS.../Self Introduction:
My name's Jeremy Low and I'm going to be a junior at
Bard college.  I've watched the list for a while now,
but during the school year there's not a lot of time
to be engaged in non-academic debate, so it's nice to
be able to contribute, even if my contribution isn't
really about a Japanese film.  Also, "Sans Soleil"
(Sunless; or Without Sun) is a 1982 film and I'm
pretty sure you can get it on VHS from Amazon or something.