Ringu Dreamworks (US) DVD Release

Don Brown the8thsamurai
Wed Mar 12 04:38:05 EST 2003

>Why do you think it has no connection to the story?

Or rather, I'd ask if a connection exists at all.  Characters die in linear
fashion (?) as the video tape is transmitted from one person to another,
and there is no circular narrative or literal "ring" to otherwise justify
the title.  Perhaps the reason is found in the novel the movie was based on
(which I haven't read).  Mind you, there are quite a few other anachronisms
within "Ring" itself that I have more problems with.
It's all semantics anyway - I don't think it's a bad movie, but on the
other hand it doesn't really warrant the level of discussion and interest
it has generated.
Don Brown