Gaijin perspective from malaysia!

=%iso-8859-1?q?naguib=5Frazak?= naguib_razak at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 12:30:38 EST 2004

Dear KineJapaners,

I do not know if it's gonna be worth anyone's time but
I am putting the finishing touches to a personal
documentary film on Tokyo shot during my fellowship
there with the Japan Foundation in 2002.

I am a malaysian and, in so much as most of the
forementioned films are from a "western" perspective
(maybe), I hope my film will offer something new to
the dialogue amongst different cultures.

Frankly, i think there's too many "outsider in
Tokyo/Japan" films already, and i hope mine doesn't
add to that surplus.

It is slated for a Malaysian premiere in June, but I
would like very much to organize a small preview
screening in Tokyo around mid-May or early June, if i
could. Any tips or advice to that effect would be most
welcome.

It is tentatively titled, "Glass Enclosure".

Regards,
Mohd Naguib Razak

p/s Lost in Translation sucks!

I'd like to recommend a number of other