Film director arrested

Alex Zahlten Alex.Zahlten at gmx.de
Wed Apr 21 03:47:34 EDT 2004

I'm sorry for the late reply to the thread, I was out of the loop for a few
days...
Haruki Kadokawas arrest for drugs in I think it was 1993 hasn't been
mentioned yet, has it? Though quite successful, the exhibition of his film
REX (a "cute dinosaur" film riding on the Jurassic Park wave) was halted by
distributor/exhibitor Shochiku after a 10 week run (actually, the film was
originally only scheduled for 10 weeks, but an additional 4 weeks had been
scheduled, supposedly at Kadokawas insisitence).  Though known of course
primarily as a producer, he did direct at least six films; the JMD lists
only one film after REX, but I do remember reading somewhere that he
directed two films after his release from prison.

By the way, does anyone know who actually runs the JMD and how the collect
their information- that is do they rely on EIREN or compile information
themselves? I've asked around quite a bit, but no one seems to know.

Alex Zahlten

alex at nipponconnection.de

NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/dsl