Asia-Pacific Film Festival 2004

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary at mac.com
Thu Aug 5 23:31:58 EDT 2004

Just to note, that this year's Asia-Pacific Film Festival takes place
in Fukuoka from 22-24 September.  I'm not sure to what extent
screenings are open to the public (or press, or guests), but for anyone
interested in what's happening in Malaysian or Indonesian cinema, it's
probably the best festival in the world to attend this year.  Festival
asks government agencies to submit films, which can be a hit or miss
affair, but in the same way that the Cannes film market is the best
Asian film festival in the world, this year's Asia-Pacific lineup is
pretty darn impressive too.

Stephen