Shuji Terayama

Andrew Grant andrew.grant2 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 6 23:06:13 EST 2004

Hello all --

I am writing an article about four films by Shuji Terayama:

Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Throw Away Your Books,Rally in the Streets
Pastoral: To Die in the Country
Farewell to the Ark

I've not had much luck while doing research for this article (i.e., have not
found much in the way of analysis of these films in English) and was
wondering if any member(s) of the list would be willing to discuss them with
me. Much has been written about his poetry and his theater work, but sadly
little about the films, especially the two early ones. I won't bore the rest
of the list with my questions/observations, some of which I'm afraid are
terribly naive.

Thanks.

Andrew Grant